Best practice for Water Sampling
- The need for water sampling and testing will be determined from your Legionella Risk Assessment (LRA).
- Water samples have to be tested by UKAS accredited laboratories.
- As part of the Legionella Risk Control Programme water sampling rates will be determined based on the risk from the system and the type of system under consideration.
- High risk systems such as showers, cooling towers will require regular water sampling and testing for legionella bacteria as part of the Legionella Risk Control Management programme.
- When water systems are consistently non-compliant, in respect of Legionella Risk Management Control programmes, then it is normal for water samples to be taken to ensure that Legionella has not become a problem.
- There is no requirement to sample every water system regularly, only those where sampling forms part of your Legionella Risk Control Programme.
GES Water can provide a water sampling service. As part of this service we will provide approved sample bottles, take samples if required, and then provide you with a certificate of test results from a UKAS-accredited laboratory.